Saturday, September 3, 2011

Dragonfly - In progress

The first time I went out in my yard this morning the largest dragonfly I've ever seen flew by me, I saw it out the corner of my eye and it was so big, at first I thought it was a small bird! It was blue and it flew around my fence a few times and then flew away.

A few moments later, a smaller brown/beige dragon fly landed on the pine tree closest to my house, I walked over to get a good close look and to say hi. It flew around a little bit and kept coming back, landing on the same branch, which was a little above my head. It was looking at me too and it's mouth was moving, but it wasn't eating anything, I feel it was saying something to me, it was telling me to finish the dragonfly drawing that I started quite a while ago when another dragonfly landed on my sketchbook. Here is the starting sketch:


No comments:

Post a Comment