Sunday, March 13, 2011

Black Mandala Flower


Black Mandala Flower, acrylic on canvas, 12”x12”.

I painted this for the Discover Roxbury fundraiser - simply called The Black and White Party - taking place Friday, March 25, from 6pm-9pm in the atrium of the School of the Museum of Fine Arts, 230 The Fenway, Boston, MA. This painting will be for sale there and all net proceeds from the party will support the 2011 Roxbury Open Studios, where I have exhibited for 5 years.

It took me a little to get going with this, as I usually use very bright colors (after all, my name is Radiant Jasmin :-) After an hour or so I really started to like the simplicity of using only 1 color. It certainly went faster than when I have to clean multiple brushes. I am now creating a small series of Black on White and White on Black paintings, stay tuned for photos of these and info on when they will be on exhibit!

Go to the Discover Roxbury site for more info on the event and to purchase a ticket. Hope to see you there!

www.discoverroxbury.org

1 comment: